Here is a summary from Veritas Prep on the Integrated Reasoning GMAT section, and some tips you can use when you practice trying to solve its questions.
Helpful for: MBA Applicants
Read Time: 6 minutes
- The Integrated Reasoning section of the GMAT tests your ability to evaluate and problem-solve, skills which are crucial for working in any business field.
- The sections has 12 questions, each with several parts. The four types of questions you will encounter are: Two-Part Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, and Table Analysis.
- The order of the questions and their difficulty level is random.
- The section is scored differently to the remaining three: Analytical Writing, Quantitative, Verbal Reasoning. Veritas Prep explains:
When it comes to the GMAT section on Integrated Reasoning, scoring comes in the form of single-digits– the scores for this section range from one to eight. You receive a raw score that is given a percentile ranking. The score you receive for the Integrated Reasoning section doesn’t affect your total score for other sections on the GMAT. (Note that you won’t be able to see your Integrated Reasoning score on the unofficial score report that is shown to test-takers immediately after the GMAT is complete.) You will find out your Integrated Reasoning score in 20 days or so, when your official score report is delivered to you.
- You will be asked to critically analyze charts, diagrams and table, then evaluate the data in order to answer the question. You should practice filtering out the unnecessary information, in order to be left with the essential data that is needed.
- Make sure to pay attention to all parts of the question, as you will not be given partial marks.
Check Out: GMAT Tutorials: Integrated Reasoning Part I (Video)
Good luck in your academic journey, and make sure you register on PrepAdviser to stay updated about the latest information on preparing for and applying to international MBA and Master’s programs! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Source: Veritas Prep