Learn how to be successful in your job search by creating a compelling CV/resume and cover letter for your job applications.
About the course
Based on interviews with industry professionals and recruitment specialists, this course helps you create a compelling CV/resume and job application that will get your foot in the door.
Once you have your professional knowledge and have gained some experience, the challenge is in persuading others to believe that you are as good as you say you are. The instructors on this course have had a 100% success rate in getting interviews and landing a job, and they hope to share that experience with you.
How will this course change your job application process?
- No more generic CVs! The recruitment specialists on this course will tell you exactly what they are looking for in applicants.
- As a verified user, you get step-by-step language guides on how to highlight why you are the person they are looking for.
- Forget Google samples! Put together job applications based on practical tips from experienced professionals.
- As a verified user, you get personalized feedback on your CVs, cover letters or LinkedIn profile.
- Stop asking Google! Exchange ideas with a global community of learners.
- As a verified user, you get face-to-face online sessions with the team of instructors.
You could also join the “English@Work: Job Interviews” course, which includes practical tips and a variety of practice tasks to help you tell your story so well that interviewers will not be able to ignore you.
What you will learn
With this course you will learn how to create:
- Captivating CVs and resumes;
- Engaging cover letters;
- A compelling online presence.
You will also learn to identify how to succeed in the job search process.
About the instructors
Jessica Xia is an English Language Instructor at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. In her years in tertiary education, she has designed and taught Creative Writing, Academic English, and Business Communication courses, integrating technology into an ELT curriculum. Aside from teaching, she has designed online independent learning workshops and self-assessment materials. Her professional interests include outcome-based teaching and learning approaches, psycholinguistics, and catering for individual differences in second language learning.
Bee Dy is an English Language Instructor at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She teaches Workplace Communication, Persuasive Communication, and other ELT courses. Prior to becoming an instructor, she had over seven years of experience across various business fields ranging from real estate management to finance and franchise business development in her hometown of San Francisco, California. Her current teaching and learning interests include e-learning and peer assessment methodologies.
Duration: 5 weeks, 2-4 hours per week
Instructors: Jessica Xia and Bee Dy
Institution: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University