Digital skills are essential in today’s world. Learn about how digital is changing the world of work, and how you can successfully grow your career in the digital age.
About the course
Digital technology now touches almost every aspect of our lives, including work. On this course, you will explore how you can build a successful career in the digital age. You’ll get a closer look at the meaning of digital, and how it has changed the way we work.
You’ll also explore the different paths you could take to grow your career, and what role digital can play in these. Plus, you will also learn about the key skills we all need to thrive in this new environment, and how you can find support and keep learning to reach your goals.
Check out: Studying in the Age of Digital Distraction
What you will learn
The free online course will cover the following topics:
- The meaning of ‘digital’
- Introduction to key digital technologies that are impacting the way we work
- Changing workplace dynamics due to digital technologies
- Considerations around digital strategy when promoting your business
- Key skills required in a digital age
- Ways of showcasing your skills to attract employers
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe what the term ‘digital’ means and explain why digital skills will be more important than ever in the future;
- Explain how the world of work is changing and how digital technologies are driving that change;
- Identify opportunities to promote yourself or your business online;
- Demonstrate your skills to attract the employer of your choice;
- Identify key information in a job advert and plan how best to apply for a job.
This course is for those seeking to develop their entrepreneurial skills, preparing to enter the workplace or looking to change careers. No prior experience or qualifications required.
Interested in growing your digital skills more widely? Discover more Digital Skills courses from Accenture.
About the instructor
Candida is HR Director for Accenture’s UK and Ireland businesses. Together with her talented team, she is responsible for the recruitment and professional development of nearly 13,500 employees.
Starting date: 8 January 2018
Duration: 2 weeks, 1 hour per week
Instructor: Candida Mottershead